The Home Educators Resource Directory, one of the most comprehensive online resources for home educators, was developed by Mindy Lively, a homeschooling mother. While searching for materials for her family she found that there was a need for an easy access directory. That is exactly what HERD has brought the homeschool community!
HERD is chock full of valuable information, and it’s easy to navigate and find the information and materials you need. Here are some of the valuable resources it provides:
- Curricula and Resources: all have brief descriptions, including website and email links for help with more specific questions.
- Homeschool Support Groups: all have a description with geographic area, type of support group, benefits, requirements, and costs, making it easy to find and research a group that fits your family’s needs.
- Special Offer Page: features free resources, discounts and coupons, and special contests from across the web.
- Blog: features articles on a wide variety of homeschooling related topics, with multiple contributing authors.
- HERD News: a free monthly e-newsletter with great articles to help the novice or experienced home educator.
Newsletter topics include:
- Homeschooling large families
- Basic homeschooling questions
- Starting your support group or coop
- Special needs
- Foreign languages
- Physical education
- High school
Every month the Newsletter focuses on two Featured Resources. These resources supply unique and valuable materials for the home educator.
The directory is constantly expanding and adding new resources, support groups, and new features.
Visit the HERD at www.HomeEDdirectory.com