Q: What are the advantages of online tutoring?
There are several advantages to online tutoring:
- Convenience: You can get help from the comfort of home.
- Availability: Scheduling becomes a lot easier when geography isn’t a factor.
- Selection: You can select from a wide range of tutors, not just the ones who happen to be in your local area.
- Quality: With such a wide range of tutors to select from, you can choose the tutor that is actually best for your child, rather than just whoever is close by.
- Professionalism: You can hire a full-time, professional tutor, rather than a local college student who tutors on the side.
Q: When should I hire a tutor?
Q: How does online tutoring work?
Q: What is academic coaching?
Tutoring is about mastering the material, while academic coaching is about learning how to learn and taking a proactive approach to studying and to life. Academic coaching incorporates the following elements:
- organizational skills
- study skills
- communication skills
- career planning
- college admission and scholarships
- building a sense of purpose, passion, and drive