Are you interested in becoming a tutor? You can! If you have a college degree, chances are that you already have the skills necessary to help students meet their academic goals, and with a little time, effort, and patience, you can develop your own online tutoring business specializing in one or more subjects.
If you have been considering being your own boss, there is no better time to start than now, and if tutoring sounds like it might be a fit for you, then it probably is. Tutoring can be a full-time, part-time, or sometimes occupation, and the rewards go beyond the financial.
– Do you remember what it was like to be lost in class as a student, feeling left behind and clueless as to what to do about it? You can help students who are in the exact same situation right now to overcome their difficulties and meet their goals.
– Have you been seeking a legitimate, ethical way to work from home using the skills you already possess? You can do work that is honest, meaningful, and fulfilling and also gives you the freedom to design your work around your life, rather than the other way around.
– Would you like to do work that is challenging, satisfying, and for which you will be appreciated? You can use your own experiences as a student to help make a difference in the lives of others.
The opportunity to start your own business as an online tutor is real, and what’s even better is that there are resources that can help you. When I first decided to start tutoring online I did a lot of searching, looking into every avenue I could find that might be useful. My research into online tutoring opportunities and resources is continuing to this day, and I can say that above all others, one company stands out for its dedication to helping new online tutors get started in business. This company, Varsity Tutors, has the most comprehensive collection of information, tools, and resources for starting your own online tutoring business, and they are committed to seeing you succeed. Varsity Tutors markets for clients and subcontracts tutors all over the country, and offers the following resources to its tutors:
- A custom-made online tutoring platform with full-time tech support
- A huge library of K-12 teaching resources and learning tools
- Additional opportunities to earn money through referrals and adding to the learning tools library
- Subject certification tests to verify your expertise
- A customized calendar and client-management platform
- And, most importantly, a steady stream of paying clients!
After a thorough and exhaustive search, Varsity Tutors has been the number one most helpful resource for me in designing my online tutoring business, and I recommend it to anybody else who wants to be an online tutor. I encourage you to do your own research, but I am certain you will not find a better partner to launch your online tutoring business with. Varsity Tutors is accredited by the Better Business Bureau. You will also find no complaints registered for this business on the Complaints Board, Complaints.com, the Ripoff Report, or Web of Trust (four sources I highly recommend for investigating any business online before you ever spend any money).
If being in business for yourself as an online tutor interests you, you can take the first step to making it happen by following this link to sign up as an independent contractor with Varsity Tutors. Also feel free to contact me directly with any questions you may have about being an online tutor, and I will be happy to discuss them with you.